I made this roasted veggie salad, the other day, for lunch, and I’ve been obsessing over it ever since, because it was just so damn delicious!
It’s funny how you have a clear image in your head, of how you want a dish to turn out, but then, when you start cooking, you add an extra crunch here, some spice there, and end up with something completely different from what you had imagined. Well, that’s exactly what happened with this roasted veggie salad. And let me say, I’m glad it did.
It just goes to prove that if you let your imagination go wild, you’ll be surprised with what you can come up with. Now let’s talk about this flavorful salad! It’s naturally sweet, spicy, colorful, crunchy, and topped with lightly toasted almond flakes, and a generous handful of fresh coriander leaves. Now before I hear anyone say, “no, not coriander” if you really must, just replace it with fresh parsley leaves, or basil leaves, it’ll still taste just as good. 🙂
So, enough of my rambling, and let’s roast us up some lunch.
What You’ll Need
Makes 1 roasted veggie salad
- 1 Medium Eggplant
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Chili Flakes
- Handful of Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1/4 Cup of Almond Flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 374 degrees F (190 C)
2. Peel, and cut the sweet potato in half, then into roughly 4 inch (10 cm) long wedges. Peel, and cut the onion in half, and then into long strips, and add them both into a pyrex tray.
3. Next, cut the eggplant in half, then into roughly 4 inch (10cm) long wedges. Add it to the tray, along with the olive oil, maple syrup, chili flakes, sea salt and black pepper to taste, then give all that goodness a quick mix.
4. Pop the tray into the oven to bake, until the eggplants are golden brown. When they’re ready, take them out of the oven to slightly cool down.
5. In the meantime, heat a sauce pan on medium heat, then add the almond flakes, and toss the pan, until they start to slightly color. Transfer to a serving bowl.
6. Add the roasted veggies into your serving bowl, gently mix, then garnish with the fresh coriander leaves, and your roasted veggie salad is ready to devour!
How easy was that? But what about some of these Apple Cinnamon Muffins for dessert? They’re moist, juicy, and 100% vegan.
Remember, sharing is caring!
Until next time,
Have A Bright Day xx