Next time you’re having a busy week, or can’t decide what salad to have for lunch, let me suggest this simple, yet refreshing, quick, raw zucchini salad! It’s super easy to make, light, spicy, minty, and of course, vegan!
If you don’t have a spiralizer, just use a veggie peeler, to make zucchini shavings instead. Trust me, it’ll taste just as good! 🙂
If you are thinking of buying yourself a spiralizer, I say, do it! I’ve recently bought one, and can’t get enough of it! Seriously, there are infinite veggies, and fruit, you can spiralize, if you just let your imagination go wild! So, something to think about.
This raw zucchini salad is packed with flavor, takes 5 minutes to prepare, and you’ll even have time to whip up a sweet treat, for later. 🙂
What You’ll Need
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 – 3 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon of Infused Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup of chopped Celery Stalks
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- 1/2 – 1 Teaspoon of Chili Flakes
- Handful of Fresh Mint Leaves
- Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
1. Spiralize the zucchini, or make shavings, with a veggie peeler, and place in a bowl.
2. Next, peel, and cut the onion in half, then slice into long strips. Finely slice the celery stalks, and add everything to the zucchini bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, add the crushed garlic, along with the olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Give it all a good mix, then add the dressing to the zucchini salad.
4. Finally, chop a handful of fresh mint leaves, and add it to the bowl, along with the dried chili flakes, black pepper, and sea salt, to taste. Give it a final mix, and your salad is ready to devour! 🙂
But what about that sweet treat? I’ve got you covered with my vegan, gluten free Double Chocolate Chip Cookies! 🙂
Let me know what you think, when you get a chance to make them. And, don’t forget, sharing is caring darlings. 🙂
Until next time,
Have A Bright Day xx
6 thoughts on “Raw Zucchini Salad With Refreshing Mint And Chili!”
Oh this sounds perfect for lunch! All those refreshing flavours and a bit of heat with the chilli, perfect 🙂 I do have a spiraliser which has been lounging about at the back of the cupboard through winter, I’m inspired to get it out again for spring!
Thanks Chris! The chili flakes are actually my favorite part of the salad, that and the fresh mint. 🙂 I’m glad I’ve inspired you to get your spiralizer out! Enjoy 🙂
What a wonderfully flavoursome, yet simple dish! My kind of food!
I have a Spiralizer – fab, aren’t they? I love using it to make oven-baked potato crisps… so much healthier than store-bought ones, plus I get to use my own seasoning blends. Win!
Have you tried spiralising beetroot yet? Quite apart from it being utterly beautiful to look at, if you massage in some balsamic reduction, and lightly season it with sea salt and black pepper, then bake it in the oven, it comes out wonderfully caramelised! Yaya!
Yay! I’m glad you like it Nico! Always such a pleasure reading your comments!:) And what a great tip, I would never have thought of that. Have a great day darl 🙂
I love how fresh and full of flavour this looks! So quick and easy to put together as well. I bet this makes a brilliant lunch.
Thanks Becca! That’s one of the reasons I love this salad SO much! That, and the chili, and mint leaves! 🙂