Moist, rich, oil-free vegan chocolate brownies! I’m so pleased with how darn delicious these vegan brownies turned out, and I won’t lie, I have been indulging in them far too much.
What can I say? I needed the perfect picture? They always seemed to disappear? I was taking care of my chocolate cravings the elegant way?
Well, whatever the reason, these brownies are everything a brownie should be, just minus the flaky crust on top. This is because these vegan chocolate brownies aren’t packed with insane amounts of sugar like original brownies usually are. But I can totally live with that since they taste so darn good! I already mentioned that, didn’t I?
With just under 10 basic ingredients and minimal prep time, you’ll be popping these chocolate brownies into the oven in a matter of minutes, and devouring them even quicker.
So grab the ingredients from your pantry, and let’s whip up some vegan brownies!
What You’ll Need
- A 7.5-inch x 10.5 inch Pyrex Tray
- 1/3 Cup (60 gr) of Dark Chocolate Chips, I used 70%
- 1/2 Cup (120 gr) of Soy Milk, or other plant-based milk
- 1/2 Cup (105 gr) of Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/4 Cup (60 gr) of Unsweetened AppleSauce
- 1/8 Cup (30 gr) of Almond Butter (100% Almond Spread)
- 1/2 Cup (65 gr) of White Spelt Flour, or regular
- 1/4 Cup (24 gr) of Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon (2 gr) of Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup (40 gr) of Walnuts
- 1/8 Cup (20 gr) of Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 320 degrees F (160 C).
2. Place the organic cane sugar, applesauce and almond butter in a bowl, and set aside.
3. Place the white spelt flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in a bowl and set aside.
4. Heat the soy milk in a small pot until reaches a boil. Take off heat and add the chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
5. Transfer soy and chocolate mixture to sugar bowl and whisk well until combined. Add the dry ingredients, and whisk well.
6. Roughly crush the walnuts and add to mixture along with remaining chocolate chips.
7. Mix and transfer to a 7.5-inch x 10.5 inch Pyrex tray (19cm x 27 cm) lined with baking paper.
8. Pop into the oven to bake for 20 – 30 minutes, or until the surface sets. My chocolate vegan brownies were ready after 15 minutes, but remember every oven is different so keep your eyes opened.
9. When the surface of your brownies have *set and a clean knife comes out almost clean, your vegan brownies are ready. Take out of the oven, let them cool, cut into bars and dig in! Or slightly cool and serve with a scoop of vegan ice cream.
*Carefully touch the surface of your brownies to feel if your brownies have set.
These chocolate vegan brownies keep for up to 4 days stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Vegan Chocolate Brownies
Make these oil-free, super moist, rich, chocolate vegan brownies in under half an hour!
- 1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips 60 gr
- 1/2 Cup Soy Milk 120 gr
- 1/2 Cup Organic Cane Sugar 105 gr
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce 60 gr
- 1/8 Cup Almond Butter 30 gr
- 1/2 Cup White Spelt Flour 65 gr
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder 24 gr
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder 2 gr
- 1/3 Cup Walnuts 40 gr
- 1/8 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips 20 gr
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees F (160 C).
- Place the organic cane sugar, applesauce and almond butter in a bowl, and set aside.
- Place the white spelt flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in a bowl and set aside.
Heat the soy milk in a small pot until reaches a boil. Take off heat and add the chocolate chips. whisk until combined.
- Transfer soy and chocolate mixture to sugar bowl and whisk well until combined. Add the dry ingredients, and whisk well.
- Roughly crush the walnuts and add to mixture along with remaining chocolate chips.
Mix and transfer to a 7.5-inch x 10.5-inch pyrex tray (19cm x 27cm) lined with baking paper.
*Pop into the oven to bake for 20 - 30 minutes, or until the top sets.
Let cool, cut into bars and dig in!
*My brownies were ready after 15 minutes in the oven. Every oven is different so keep your eyes opened.
Pin These Vegan Chocolate Brownies For Later!
Still In The Mood For Chocolate?
Try my No Bake Chocolate Slice Bars! You’ll thank me later.
If you liked this recipe, go ahead and share it with your friends, and let me know about it in the comments below. 🙂
Lots of love from Elinor, Let’s Brighten Up xo