Hi darlings! Thought I’d share this delightful, refined sugar free, vegan, quick and easy, gluten free tart crust, for everyone who has been asking me for a baked version. 🙂
It’s just as good as my super easy no bake pie crust, and all you need, is a food processor and 5 ingredients, that you probably already have in your pantry. This delicious, crisp tart crust, bakes to a lovely golden brown color, and goes with any sweet filling you can think of. 🙂
What You’ll Need
Makes 1- 8 inch (20 cm) gluten free tart crust
- 1 cup of Almond Flour
- 1 cup of Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- 5 Teaspoons of Cold Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Gluten Free Baking Powder
1. First, preheat your oven to 356 degrees F (180 C), then, put the almond flour, shredded coconut, and baking powder into a food processor, and blend until the shredded coconut breaks down.
2. Next, add the maple syrup, and the cold coconut oil, and give it a good mix, until combined.
3. Transfer your pie crust to a non-stick tart pan, and with your thumbs, firmly press, and shape your gluten free tart crust.
*If your coconut oil has melted at room temperature, due to hot weather, simply pop a bit into the freezer for 20 minutes.
*If you don’t have a non-stick tart pan, just lightly grease your pan with a bit of melted coconut oil.
4. Finally, poke a few holes with a fork, and pop your tart crust into the oven until it’s lightly browned. Depending on your oven, this should take around 10 – 15 minutes. When ready, take out to completely cool.
How easy was that? Now that you’ve made your tart crust, what are you supposed to fill it with? Don’t worry, I’ve got a few ideas up my sleeve. 🙂
A Few Great Fillings For Your Gluten Free Tart Crust
Have you tried my Chocolate Chestnut Tart? With a light chestnut and coffee filling, it’ll taste great with your freshly baked gluten free tart crust 🙂
A rich, chocolate ganache, that’ll satisfy all your chocolate cravings!
Sharing is caring, so don’t forget to share this with your friends, or pin it for later. 🙂
Until next time,
Have A Bright Day xx