Hi everyone, so as promised to all that have been following me on Facebook or Instagram, waiting patiently for this divine no bake chocolate tart, that will satisfy your chocolate craving, well here it is.
I’ve been thinking about making a vegan chocolate tart for a while now, a delicious sweet dessert that’s still healthy, guilt free to eat and satisfies your junk food cravings!
So, after quite a bit of tasting 🙂 I have come up with a super easy chocolate tart that’s filled with a super rich chocolate ganache, has a hint of coffee, for all you coffee lovers, is gluten free and your guests won’t even notice that it’s vegan too!
Remember that you can enjoy a sweet treat that’ll satisfy your chocolate cravings and at the same time still know that you’re not putting junk into your mouth.
I know you’re all going to love this tart! So let’s begin.
What You’ll Need
Makes 2 -12 cm tarts or 1 -20 cm tart
- 1 raw pie crust
- 385 gr good quality dark vegan chocolate
- 285 gr coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of taster’s choice coffee
- 2 – 4 tablespoons of hot water
Did you know that good quality dark chocolate is in fact healthy for us? It’s “one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet“. So, keeping that in mind, don’t go binging on it just because we know it’s healthy. Remember how I always say, everything in moderation.
Let’s begin. Start by making 1 raw pie crust recipe, and chill in the fridge while we make the filling.
1. First, melt the coffee with the hot water and set aside. Next, weight the chocolate in a bowl large enough to add the coconut milk to later.
2. Bring the coconut milk to a boil and pour onto the chocolate.
3. Now I know that you’ll be anxious to stir, but don’t. Leave it for 4 minutes, trust me. The coconut milk will melt all the chocolate.
4. Stir together making sure not to incorporate any air into your ganache.
5. Once mixed, add the coffee and mix in well, then pour into the chilled tart crust.
6. Give it a bit of a jiggle and gently, but firmly, tap it onto your counter top to get rid of any unwanted air bubbles.
7. Pop into the fridge for a few hours to set, and decorate with a few coffee beans before digging in!
How did your vegan chocolate tart turn out? I’d love to hear.
Until next time,
Have A Bright Day xx