Who here loves biscotti cookies? Whether you dunk them in your coffee, or not, nothing beats a crisp, biscotti cookie, that’s packed with pistachios, organic black mission figs, and more! Am I right, darlings? The recipe itself is super easy, it’s the baking time that takes a little longer, but worth every bite!
These delicious Italian cookies, are first baked, as a loaf, then sliced into cookies, and baked again, to dry them out! The result is a super crisp cookie, perfect for that cup of coffee! 🙂
I made mine, using whole grain spelt flour, and added a small amount of organic cane sugar, along with lemon zest, and juice, for a hint of zing, in every bite! And if you haven’t already guessed it, my healthy version of these crisp delights, are also completely vegan!
What You’ll Need
Makes 16 biscotti cookies
- 2 Tablespoons of Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of Lemon Zest
- 1 cup of Whole Grain Spelt Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of melted Coconut Oil
- Splash of Vanilla Essence
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/8 cup of Pecans
- 3 Dried Organic Black Mission Figs
- 1/8 cup of Dried Cranberries
- 1/8 cup of Pistachios
1. Preheat the oven to 356 degrees F (180 C)
2. Place the lemon zest, and organic cane sugar in a bowl, and give it a good mix.
3. Next, add the whole grain spelt flour, along with the baking powder, and salt, and give it a quick mix.
4. In a separate bowl, add the melted coconut oil, vanilla essence, lemon juice, and unsweetened applesauce, and whisk it all together, then add it in with the dry ingredients, and mix well until everything’s combined.
5. Transfer your dough onto your counter top, and knead for half a minute. Next, cut the dough in half, and let’s spice things up!
6. In one loaf, add the roughly chopped pecans, and roughly chopped figs, and knead well, until they’re incorporated into the dough. Shape it into a loaf, and place on a baking tray, lined with baking paper.
7. Repeat with the second loaf, and add the cranberries and pistachios, then pop them into the oven for 20 – 30 minutes, to bake, until they’re lightly golden brown.
Slicing The Loaf Into Biscotti Cookies
1. Take the loafs out of the oven, and let them cool down for 10 minutes. In the meantime, reduce your oven heat to 290 degrees F (140 C).
2. Next, slice each loaf, with a bread knife, to form a total of 16 cookies.
3. Arrange them back onto a baking tray, with baking paper, and pop them back into the oven for another 15 – 35 minutes, turning the cookies over, half way through, until they’re dry.
4. When ready, take them out of the oven to cool down, then make yourself a hot cup of coffee, or tea, and dunk those cookies in! 🙂
Sharing is caring, so don’t forget to share these crisp treats with your friends 🙂
For your next indulgence, I highly recommend you try my Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. Trust me, you’ll thank me later! 🙂
And if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. I’m all ears, and respond quickly!
Until next time,
Have A Bright Day xx
9 thoughts on “Super Crisp Biscotti Cookies For That Cup Of Coffee!”
What gorgous biscotti! I love all those flavours, fig, pistachio etc… sounds so yummy.
Thanks Kate! 🙂 Yes, they go well together! Let me know if you get the chance to make these delights 🙂
love the lemon and fig in this recipe, wish I had some nice to have with my mint tea.
Thanks Pretty! Ooh, I love mint tea! 🙂 haha sounds like you should bake yourself a batch xx
Biscotti are so good, just give me a cup of tea!
Sure thing Rebecca 🙂
Oh, biscotti 🙂 I made them last summer and had to make them again and again. And now, new, beautiful recipe for me to play! Thank you! I love the idea of using different flour than plain, but was a little unsure which one to use and still get great results. So spelt it is! And the apple sauce too! Yum all the way!
Ooh, I’m so glad you like it Mari! Enjoy, and can’t wait to hear what you think! 🙂