Finally, I tasted and adjusted the seasoning, then snuggled up with my comforting bowl of this vegan vegetable soup, while I watched as the rain continued to heavily pour down the windows of my home.
What You’ll Need
- 1 Tablespoon (10 gr) of Olive Oil
- 1 Cup (125 gr) of Diced Onion
- 3/4 Cup (80 gr) of Sliced Leek
- 5 Garlic Cloves (20 gr)
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes (600 gr)
- 3 Carrots (120 gr)
- 450 gr of Butternut Pumpkin (1 Small Butternut Pumpkin)
- 200 gr of Vacuumed Packaged Chestnuts
- 1500 ml of Water
- Handful of Fresh Dill (15 gr)
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1.Peel and dice the onion, finely slice the leek, removing and discarding the top green portion.
2. Heat a pot on medium heat, add the olive oil along with the onion and leek, and cook, occasionally stirring, until the onion starts to sweat.
3. Peel and crush the garlic cloves, and add to the pot.
4. Cut the butternut pumpkin in half, peel it, and remove the inner seeds. Roughly chop and add to the pot.
5. Peel the sweet potatoes and carrots, roughly slice and add them to the pot.
6. Add the vacuumed chestnuts, and cook for a few minutes, occasionally stirring.
7. Add the water, and season with sea salt and black pepper, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cook until the vegetables are nice and soft, around 20 – 30 minutes.
8. When the vegetables have softened, remove from heat and blend until smooth.
9. Finally, add the fresh dill, taste and adjust seasoning if needed, and briefly blend again.
10. Serve your vegan orange soup with croutons, freshly chopped dill, black pepper, a dollop of coconut yogurt, or on its own, and enjoy!
What’s For Dessert? My vegan No Bake Tahini Infused Chocolate Black Sesame Tarts are perfect for any occasion.
Lotsa love from Elinor
Let’s Brighten Up xo